Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Odd...

I had a sort of odd experience at the gym today. I was using the stationary bike, going along at a moderate resistance at my usual 60-70 RPMs. I'd been on the bike for about 10 minutes, when another exerciser sat down on the bike next to me. He appeared younger than me, and he probably weighed about as much (maybe less) as I did when I started this whole ordeal. He sort of sat there on the bike seat for a few minutes, looking over at my console. I heard a few beeps and boops and he took off. I looked over, he had set his resistance to the same as mine, and was pedalling like a madman, up near 100 RPMs! I thought, "Whatever, dude, hope you don't blow something up," and went about my own routine. About 5-10 minutes later, I hear a few more beeps, and I noticed that my neighbor has reduced the resistance by about half, but is still pedalling furiously. He was sounded like the Big Bad Wolf, huffing and puffing like he was trying to extinguish a California wild fire.

I ended up finishing my bike work and moving on. To his credit, he finished out about a half hour on the bike, always at that same breakneck speed. I have no idea what he followed up with, I lost track of him, but it wasn't toward any of the weights. I think he was heading toward the aerobic stuff nearer the front of the gym. It was kind of weird. I can't imagine that he'd have been trying to "outdo" me or anything, but with as long as he stared at my console (a good minute or two), I can't be sure.

Makes me miss my "more experienced" friends over at McConnell.

Diet Update

Breakfast 6/7:
Food Category: Servings
South Beach bar Grains: 2
8 oz light yogurt Dairy: 1
Banana Fruit: 1
30 oz water n/a
16 oz coffee n/a

I had a cup of coffee between breakfast and lunch.

Lunch 6/7 (C.V. Wrappers):
Food Category: Servings
Two Veggie Salads Veggies: 8
12 oz water n/a

Afternoon Snack 6/7:
Food Category: Servings
3 oz grapes Fruit: 1
6 oz celery Veggies: 2
32 oz iced tea n/a

Dinner 6/7:
Food Category: Servings
Boneless wings Protein: 6
Extra: 1
Garden Salad w/ bleu cheese Veggies: 3
Dairy: 1
Grains: 1
Fats: 1
Chips Grains: 2
Fats: 1
32 oz water n/a

Totals for 6/7:
Category Servings
Grains 5
Veggies 11
Fruits 2
Protein 6
Dairy 2
Fats 2
Extra 1

Exercise for 6/7:
Type Duration/Sets
Aerobic Stationary Bike: 30 min
Treadmill: 45 min

No comments: