Sunday, May 21, 2006

Cheesy

Now, like any other red-blooded male (well, at least the ones who aren't lactose intolerant, I suppose), I love cheese. Lots of cheese. But our local mexican restaurant went way overboard.

I thought I'd have a veggie-ish meal for lunch, since at the time I hadn't planned dinner, so I tried their "Quesedilla de Fajitas" and asked to have the veggie fajitas fixin's rather than beef or chicken. If you check out the menu (#41), you'll notice that it says it's "topped with chile con queso." They LIE!!! It was topped and STUFFED with it! Gah! I ate as much as I could stomach of the quesadilla as presented, but I ended up opening the thing up and picking the veggies that weren't drowned in cheese. I mean, it was good and all, but it was a little overmuch.

Imagine how bad it would have been if our waitress hadn't spilled half the queso all over herself...

Diet Update

Breakfast 5/21:
Food Category: Servings
Potato flip Grains: 2
Dairy: 1
Fats: 1
Banana Fruit: 1
8 oz water n/a
32 oz coffee n/a

Lunch 5/21 (Las Margaritas):
Food Category: Servings
Quesadilla de Fajitas (veggie, most of the veggies, about half the shell and 1/4 the cheese) Veggies: 3
Dairy: 2
Fats: 2
Grains: 1
Ensalada Chica (picked around the cheese, no dressing) Veggies: 2
Rice Grains: 1
Iced tea n/a

Dinner 5/21 (Old Bag of Nails):
Food Category: Servings
Fish & Chips Protein: 6
Grains: 1
Fats: 1
Large Pub House w/ bleu cheese Veggies: 3
Fats: 1
Cole Slaw Veggies: 1
Fats: 1
Lotsa water n/a

Totals for 5/21:
Category Servings
Grains 6
Veggies 9
Fruits 1
Protein 6
Dairy 3
Fats 6
Extra 0

Exercise for 5/21:
Type Duration/Sets
Aerobic Walkin' the neighborhood: 60 min

No comments: